Friday, August 24, 2012

Hello all!
 Last night and today I am getting the kids clothes ready for school. I am sorting them to see what is school wear and what fits them.
Of course this means everyone has to try everything on. (Everything that doesn't have holes and massive stains anyway.
So, once they have tried them on and I see if they fit, they get marked so we know whose clothes are whose after the next time they are laundered.
 Here I had it marked for my eldest, Jarod. Then William (my second son, but very small in stature) received them. So I added a line. I suppose I forgot to put the second line on the top tag. I'll fill that in later.
 Don't forget! I have girls too! For them I didn't want to just add another line because they are girls. I figured they are in a class of their own. So I did theirs diagonally. The left line of the "teepee" for my eldest.
 Then once she has outgrown it, add the right side of the teepee for my second daughter. If I were to have a third daughter, I would complete the triangle or make it an "A"...but I'm not. But I know many families who have 3 daughters or more. You can always add another line somewhere to signify another.
 When you add another mark, darken over the first one so that the entire mark is fresh. Otherwise you will be confused at times.
 This series of lines has faded and that is sometimes a good thing when I have my 3rd son, Elijah grow out of something my 2nd son will fit in. (Remember the size differences?) This goes from a 3 line mark to a 2 line mark.


 This is still going to be Elijah's though, so we'll just make it 3 lines again.


Now that they are marked, they are sorted into their baskets so they can put them away. The school-worthy clothes are put into bags and the kids will try them on later. At that point you can make revisions to your marks.

I used to do it with their socks when they wore 3 different sizes (not including the girls' or parents' socks). I don't any more because I buy socks with green lines or "Hanes" for my 2nd and 3rd sons (my twins that were born 18 1/2 months apart) and blue lines or "Hanes" for my 11 1/2 yr old.
For the moment, my girls are the same size. 
I will show you later how I attempt to (and fairly successfully) keep them together.

Thanks for "surfing" in!
See you soon,
"Mom"

No comments:

Post a Comment