Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Light Bulbs and Children

What are the odds?
I mean it; What are the odds that I would purchase night-light bulbs for a night-light and
the same DAY I have to fish the base of the bulb out of the night-light base?

Within a couple hours of having screwed the new light bulb into the night-light fixture,
one of my children (love them!) came along and pulled the bulb off the base.

Luckily, the guilty party didn't have any cuts from the sharp glass edge.

I could not, however, screw a new bulb in. 

I remember a trick using a piece of a potato (or whole--I can't remember) to unscrew the light bulb base from a fixture.

Problem: 
I have no potatoes!!!

So I started to think of things that might turn it. 

A pen!
Nope.

A handy dandy popsicle stick!
Nope.

I need something to GRIP it from the inside! 
Yes!

A rubber band (this one I folded twice to get enough grip),
Pen

This worked!
I KNOW I have thrown night-lights away before because of this. 
I assume I am not the only one.
They aren't that expensive...why bother?
It is easy! 

Thanks for reading!

Again, if you have seen this elsewhere, I apologize...I am not one to copy.

Originally,
Jennifer (Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment