Friday, September 7, 2012

Got My Craft On!

Hello out there! Last night I got my craft going and was thinking of ways to paint all these 3/4" hearts. I figured it out! Maybe I'm not the first one to think of it, but for me it was a big idea because who likes to sit there for hours painting itty bitty pieces and making a huge mess on your thumbs? Not I!
I used my hot glue gun on a manila (mine is red) file folder. I glued thin strips down in a line and quickly placed the wood hearts on the strip of glue.
I painted them all in one shot.
I was worried they would stick to the folder with the wet paint, so picked up the folder and as the paint was drying, I bent the folder to release the backs and edges of the hearts. I did this about 3 times to make sure they weren't sticking because of the paint.

As I began gathering my supplies to paint, I realized I didn't have a paint tray (paper plate in my case) right next to me and I really didn't want to get up again to get one. I had a sandwich ziploc baggie that was holding some craft ribbon for my project. So I opened it and squirted the paint into it. Perfect! 
 Once I was done, I closed the baggie up and it will still be fresh (hopefully) for anything I need in the near future. I could have snipped the corner and squirted it back into the bottle, but I figure I will be using it soon enough, so not going to bother.
The End!

Happy Crafting!
"Mom"
--And by the way, is there a better name I could be using besides/instead of "Mom"?

1 comment:

  1. I like "Mom", but you could use something like "La Madre" if you want to be a little more fancy :)

    ReplyDelete